Jeff made the most delicious pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving! Our whole family loves when he makes cheesecake and this special version is the perfect mix of everything you want in a holiday dessert. Smooth and creamy with a yummy graham cracker crust and a mild pumpkin flavor. Your whole family will love you for making it! This is not for the diet-conscious… but who counts calories during the holidays? Definitely not us.. (just head to the gym the next day to feel better).
If you’re looking for something that everyone will love, this tried and true pumpkin cheesecake is the one! We all love it and ask him to make it year-round. Enjoy!
Family favorite holiday pumpkin cheesecake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 stick melted butter
- 3 8oz pkgs cream cheese - room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz can)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs (3 eggs and 1 yolk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 2 tbsp granulated sugar, brown sugar and melted butter.
Pour into 9" springform pan and press evenly on the bottom and about half way up the sides.
In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy and smooth.
Add remaining ingredients and mix until fully combined.
Pour into crusted pan.
Place on middle rack of oven and bake for 70 mins. Note: I add a pan on the lower rack to catch any drippings from the springform pan.
Remove from oven and let cool for 30 mins, then cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
Serve and enjoy!
What Jeff used with this recipe:
- The Springform Pan.. the best pan for cheesecakes, quiches, tortes, and frozen desserts. Click here to shop.
- The mixer.. Jeff loves this classic mixer and uses it for everything! also on sale right now for the lowest price ever! Click here to shop.
- Mixing bowls – Jeff has this set of 4 and he loves the price and style. Click here to shop.
Jeff and Kristy