This weekend while driving around, Jeff and I passed a roadside stand full of ripe peaches which happen to be my favorite fruit of all time. Of course we had to stop in… When I was growing up my dad would always make desserts using peaches. White peaches happened to be his favorite, but I don’t discriminate ;) Ever since my dad passed away several years ago, anything peach related makes me happy and reminds me of him. Knowing this, Jeff said he would concoct a Peach Oatmeal Crisp Recipe in his honor.
Since Jeff posted his yummy Apple Crisp last February, many of you have asked for similar recipes. (Click here for the Apple Crisp recipe). Lucky for me, he took the time to make something special – so I’m posting his recipe today.
My contribution? Styling. When Jeff makes something delicious, I like to style the top to perfection. With the Peach Oatmeal Crisp, I created a flower like design using fresh peaches and a dollop of vanilla ice cream. I love the mix of fresh and cooked fruits. :)
If you happen to make Jeff’s Peach Oatmeal Crisp Recipe and enjoy it.. please let us know in the comments below! We love to hear your feedback. :)
Jeff and I absolutely love this recipe. It's delicious and very easy to make.
- 4 Cups Sliced Fresh Peaches
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar (Optional)
- 1/2 Cup Cold Butter
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut peaches into bite size slices and place in 9x9 baking pan or dish. If desired, sprinkle 1/4 cup granulated sugar to evenly coat the peach slices.
3. Crumble Mix: Cut butter into small pieces and place in mixing bowl. Add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt, then mix to a coarse consistency. Fold in oats until mixture holds together.
4. Top the peaches with the crumble mixture evenly across the pan.
5. Place in preheated oven for 35-40 mins or until golden brown.
If you like this recipe make sure to check out some of our other other recipes! Click here.