So many of you have been telling me how much you’ve been enjoying the new 2018 healthy lifestyle series I’ve been sharing. I set a few different goals that I promised myself that I will work on & I feel that each one is attainable. The one that I’m focusing on for this post is getting better sleep.
Last year, I feel like I barely slept. I come from a family of insomniacs and we all stay up way past the time we should. Surprisingly, I can function on 3-4 hours of sleep, but I know that it’s not good for my body or my mental health. Jeff and I both decided that we would focus on making sleep a priority this year together.
Agility Bed approached me at the perfect time – around November when I had just begun brainstorming my goals for 2018. They offered to send me a Therapedic luxury mattress in exchange for a review and I couldn’t refuse! What I loved the most is that they wanted me to be completely honest and unbiased about what we thought about the mattress after sleeping on it for a month. They are even joining me in sponsoring a fun giveaway for all of you! I personally love my new mattress and I’m sure you will too.. so make sure to check that out at the end of this post.
Tips For Better Sleep:
- Sleep on a comfortable & high-quality mattress. I just switched to an Agility Bed Mattress and it has helped me sleep longer and better.
- Take a warm bath before bed. I love to use lavender scents because it promotes sleep.
- Make a goal to get in bed by a certain time each night. Always make sure that it’s at least a couple hours before you would ideally like to fall asleep.
- Try to wake up and go to sleep at the same time each day. It’s so important because your body adjusts to a routine, and it makes the process easier.
- Exercise during the day. It reduces stress and tires you out.
- Turn off technology. I just read that the glow from the various screens passes through the retina into a part of the hypothalamus (the area of the brain that affects sleep). (Source)
- Read before bed. I find that if I read before bedtime that I fall asleep faster.
- I find that using eye masks and ear plugs really helps me sleep longer and better. (Take it from me.. former flight attendant here!)
Things that I love about my new mattress..it’s a hybrid mattress. Traditional spring mattresses provide the support & balance that you need, but can have weight distribution issues + can be noisy from the springs. Foam mattresses are great (& aren’t noisy) but can lack back support and people can sink in the middle of them. The Agility is a hybrid of the two – meaning that it includes the support & bounce of coils, but also has the foam for the comfort and pressure relief.
After sleeping on the mattress for a week or two, Jeff and I fell in love with the support that this mattress provides. It’s also soft & comfortable. Our previous mattress was way too firm for us and we could not believe the difference once we switched. After waking up on the Agility Mattress, we are both feeling well rested, less tired, and so comfortable we don’t even want to leave bed in morning! ;)
Jeff & I having fun setting it up ;)
Our new mattress was a simple process to set up. It came directly to our door, tightly rolled in a plastic wrap to make it easier to maneuver around the house. Along with the mattress, a step-by-step instruction card was included to explain everything in an easy way. Once we laid the mattress on the bed, we used the small cutting tool that came with the mattress to open the plastic. We then waited a few hours for the mattress to expand to it’s full size. (They will tell you that it can take up to 12 hours, but we found that it was much quicker than that). Set-up took us less than 10 minutes, which we loved. Click here to read some of the reviews on the setup and the mattress.
I am so happy that I have had the opportunity to work with Agility. While this is a sponsored post, this is my 100% open and honest opinion! If I didn’t love the mattress, I simply wouldn’t have continued with this post. I only post about products I believe in.
Along with my mattress review & sleep tips, I wanted to also include my personal bedtime routine. It’s nothing major, but I find that this works for me. What does your bedtime routine look like? Do you have any must-have tips for sleeping better? Share them with me in the comments below! :)
My Bedtime Routine
- Around 5-6pm I eat dinner – I try to eat early so that I have time to digest before laying down.
- After dinner, I like to go on a long walk around the neighborhood. It helps me de-stress and get in a little bit of extra exercise.
- Around 8pm I try to catch a favorite show or two to unwind after a long day.
- I move upstairs at a decent hour (An hour and a half before I go to sleep) where I shower and get ready for bed. (I’ll do a more indepth post on this later)
- I get in bed, and turn off all technology. Unplugging is so important!
- I try to get in at least 30 mins to an hour of reading before nodding off..
Favorite Sleepwear & Accessories
To help with your new sleep routine – I have decided to add a roundup of my fave sleepwear & sleep accessories! I have a few of these items and some are on my wish list. (Valentine’s Day is coming up… hopefully Jeff sees this!) Comfort is key in getting a better night’s sleep, and I don’t spare any expense when it comes to my health. What do you like to sleep in? Do you use an eye mask/ear plugs? Let me know in the comments.
- Lace Blush Robe • 2. Knit Eye Mask • 3. Black Tea Overnight Mask (One of my skincare faves!) • 4. Winter Dreams Jogger Pants (Comes in 3 colors) • 5. Ombre Wrap Cardigan • 6. UGG Robe (Comes in 6 colors!) • 7. Exfoliate Glow Moisturizer • 8. The Woman in The Window (Book I’m reading!) • 9. Tempur-Cloud Pillow • 10. Pompom Throw • 11. Bobbi Brown Makeup Remover • 12. Our Fave Joggers (Comes in 3 colors!) • 13. Short Pajamas • 14. Glow Beauty Boosting Pillowcase • 15. Cozy V-Neck Tee • 16. Silk Eye Mask (Comes in 3 colors!)
Thanks Agility for sponsoring this giveaway! To enter to win an Agility Mattress, enter your e-mail in the widget below. The giveaway will run from January 24th to January 26th at midnight. United States only.
If you don’t follow Agility on Instagram already, make sure to do so here!
The winner will be announced here and on the original Instagram post.
Thank you to Agility Bed for sponsoring this post.