Mother’s Day is just around the corner! Can you believe it?! May is basically here and with that comes Mother’s Day. I’m sure many of you have been dragging your feet this year on getting gifts because of the situation that’s occurring in our world right now… but I think it’s still such an important day to celebrate all the special mom’s in our lives. This is one of my favorite gift guides that I love pulling together – along with the Father’s Day Gift Guide of course. Parents of all sorts make such a difference in our lives that I feel letting them know how much they mean to us via a gift (handmade or purchased) means the world. Today I’ve rounded up ‘The Best Mother’s Day Gift Guide’ below featuring some of my favorite ideas on how to spoil Mom.
Hope you love everything.. we’ve searched high and low on the internet to find the cutest small shop/gift options – from handmade & personalized gifts to gardening, self care, florals and more!
Along with our gift guide we thought it would be fun to include a few ideas on ways to help celebrate. There are many areas in the country & world that aren’t as locked down as much as we are. Currently, the San Francisco Bay Area (where we’re located) is still participating with very strong ‘shelter-in-place’ laws. As a result so many of us can’t technically get together for Mother’s Day unless things change. Other states have lifted their restrictions a bit. So depending on what your local laws are, we still thought it might be nice to provide some options on how to safely ‘celebrate’.. even if it’s remotely.
Mother’s Day Celebratory Ideas
- Hold a teleconference dinner for all! We have been doing this with Emma and her boyfriend a couple of nights a week. It’s been a great way to feel like we’re together even though we aren’t.
- Send Mom a Mother’s Day Gift Set Box filled with candles! Pre-wrapped with a special hand-written card under $40 from my favorite small candle shop – Hazel Candle Co! This box comes with my favorite candle scents from him, they all smell amazing, and his candles are made with 100% natural ingredients and are clean-burning. Truly a wonderful gift! Use the code kristy10 to get 10% off your order! Click here to shop the gift set.
- Send Flowers through the mail. Even though many local florists may not be open right now, many flower farms are still active! One of my favorites – Grace Rose Farm has GORGEOUS rose bouquets that they are sending through the mail. The flowers are stunning & the perfect pick me-up/ or way to say I love you. If their mother’s day offerings are a bit too pricy for you, they also have a HUGE selection of ‘1 dozen roses’ options that come in all colors and styles to choose from, and they are only $45. Love! Use the code KRISTY10 to receive 10% off any bouquet! Click here to see their Mother’s Day offerings.
- Sign Mom up for a subscription service. There are so many fun subscription services out there and this is just one more sweet gift that you can send that keeps on giving. We love the idea of old-fashion magazines (Sign up on Amazon and you can get many like Martha Stewart Living, Southern Living and Better Homes & Gardens for $5 per year!), or the Book of the Month club. SO fun!! (pick out a book each month from the 5 amazing options chosen by librarians & other book-lovers. Click here to sign your Mom up for the Book of the Month Club and get the first month for only $5. You can also use the Mother’s Day promo code as well for more of a discount!
- Hold a DIY Spa Day through Facetime – Such a fun way to celebrate mom by sending her a few fun spa-like products then holding a special DIY Spa day over video chat together. I’ve linked a few fun things you can send ahead of time below. :) Emma and I are going to do this!
- Send a sweet letter & care package – I personally love snail mail and love the thought that goes into a special card sent through the mail. So sweet!
- Host an At-Home Wine & Canvas Night – This would be so fun via teleconferencing. Getting everyone together for painting and wine. Sounds good to me! ;)
- AirBNB has now created something called “Online Experiences” where you can learn or participate in an experience with an expert virtually! So many options from tango concerts, family baking experiences, to creative drawing instructors & wine experts! Click here to check them out! So fun!
Below you’ll find all the gift ideas for that special mom/mother figure in your life! Many of these options are affordable as well. Please let us know in the comments below of any other gift ideas or fun Mother’s Day activities that we may have missed below.
Click here for more posts from me.
More affordable gift ideas here: