Summer is right around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited for the warmer weather! This is our first summer living in Santa Barbara and our little coastal town is already beginning to come alive with tourists and locals hitting the beach. I thought I’d share some of the cutest fashion trends, must-have summer beauty I use year after year and the ultimate beach gear to get the season started. I hope you find something you love!
Summer Fashion Favorites
I’ve been loving one-shoulder swimsuits and the monochrome color block look — So current and cute! I’ve highlighted a few brands that I look to this time of year for bathing suits, sun hats, dresses and coverups so you can one-stop-shop :)
- Revolve: This brand always ships fast and has a great return policy (return label in the bag- love that!) They also carry everything from swim to beauty to shoes and so much more– I highly recommend if you need something for a spur-of-the-moment trip :)
- Summersalt: Great quality swimwear and very size inclusive! most items are available in sizes 2-22 with long torso options.
- Aerie: A great affordable brand with XXS- XXL sizing as well as long options for taller girls. They do sell out of sizes early in the season so you have to order the pieces you love before they’re gone.
- Lilly Pulitzer: Summer is the season for Lilly. Their vibrant styles are perfect for everything from casual backyard BBQs, to summer weddings, and graduation parties. This season’s collection is my favorite!
Summer Beauty We Love
- Sunscreen: I can’t emphasize the importance of sunscreen enough! I try to find a foundation and body lotion with SPF to apply daily during the hot summer months. Not all sunscreens are the same either — try to avoid active ingredients starting with ‘O’ (Read more about that here.) I suggest a mineral based sunscreen instead, and not a powder or spray because they aren’t healthy to breath in.
- Sunless Tanning Lotion: Sunless tanning lotions have gotten so much better in recent years! They are easy to apply and give us the natural glow we all love throughut the summer months. These brands are tried and true favorites of mine.
- Summer scents: I love scents of full of florals and coconut in the summertime. Dossier is an affordable brand that bottles scents similar to the designers at a fraction of the cost. I just ordered this Tom Ford inspired scent for the season. If you give it a try let me know!
- Razor: My favorite razor had to make the list! I love that this has a magnetic holder which allows you to store it on the wall, so much more hygienic that way. It has five rust-proof blades made specifically for sensitive areas and it’s really affordable.
Outdoor Items for Every Occasion
- Beach Set: How fun is this set?! I knew I needed it for when Kathy visited during this Mother’s Day weekend! It was truly a lifesaver and so fun to take to the beach. The giant beach blanket has a hole in the center which allows you to place your umbrella through it and the tray has a hole as well which is perfect for serving up yummy treats and staying put during windy days. (Also adding a few lower priced umbrellas and chairs to give you a few more options)
- Fun Floaties: This brand makes the craziest shaped pool floats, from cars to unicorns and everything in between. They even sell baby sized floaties, perfect for 1-2 year olds. These are nice for the pool, lake days, and make great graduation gifts. They are also high quality so they last year after year.
I hope some of my favorites will help you enjoy your summer to the fullest! If there is anything you can’t live without during the summer months please leave them in the comments below. :)
For more summer inspiration click here!