Hi friends! Happy Friday..
I am so ready to begin celebrating this long weekend with all our friends and family! It’s supposed to be over 112 degrees in the Bay Area this next few days.. We are preparing for a scorcher!
This Friday Favorites is jam packed with many things that I love to help bring special occasions together. Whether it be a fun recipe, a favorite addition to a tablescape or even a quick and easy hair tutorial… all contribute to making me feel excited and happy for gatherings with those I love.
Another special part to this Friday – I am hosting a $200 Homegoods Gift Card GIVEAWAY! Yay!
You know how much I love Homegoods. It’s been one of my favorite go-to home decor stores for years and with the holidays just around the corner, a gift card can really help raise the stakes with decorating or gift giving. See below for details.
Please make sure to let me know if you try the hair tutorial or recipe… I love hearing back from all of you. Have a great weekend and stay cool for me!
Click here if you missed last week’s Friday Favorites
Favorite: Kitchen Decor Item
Outside of the obvious favorite home decor items in a kitchen..
fresh flowers in a vase or fruit filling a bowl, I like to have one special statement piece.
With my new kitchen painted all white, it was important for me to find a unique, non-kitchen type of item that is different from everything else in the space.
I knew immediately what I needed the moment I stumbled upon it… a large white ginger jar.
I wanted elegance without distraction and the large white ginger jar gave me exactly that. The jar I found has a curved shape with tiny cutouts that allows candlelight to flicker through during the nighttime. I love how romantic and delicate it looks. Best part? My ginger jar wasn’t expensive and it’s the one thing that everyone compliments in all my photos of the kitchen.
I don’t think I will ever tire of it..
Favorite: $200 Homegoods Giveaway
Homegoods is one of my favorite go-to spots for everything home related. I love this store! In fact, I decorated my daughter’s new bedroom with many special items from Homegoods. From the bedding and throw pillows to her new side table, everything looks beautiful.
With Fall right around the corner, Homegoods is full of everything Autumn related.. I thought what better way to help one of you prepare for the season than to offer a a $200 gift card? So fun!
*This is a sponsored Giveaway
Giveaway Rules ~
Follow me, @kristywicks and @Homegoods on Instagram, LIKE my Instagram post pertaining to the Giveaway and leave a comment on this blog post!
The Giveaway ends Sunday evening (9/3 at 11:59 EST) and the winner will be announced on
Favorite: Labor Day Sales
The greatest thing about Labor Day weekend, other than the fact that we have an extra day off.. is the huge amount of sales that go on. Sales aren’t just limited to summer leftovers wither. Almost everything is included with many stores offering free shipping too… So important with the holiday season just around the corner. I’m listing all of my favorite shops, along with their sales links & promo codes (if available) for you today. Have fun!
- Nordstrom has up to 40% off from today until 9/10. So excited.. definitely going to be shopping like crazy during this one.
- Old Navy is offering up to 50% off all jeans, tees, and dresses.
- Express has up to 40% off everything in store & online.
- Macy’s has up to 20% off & free shipping this weekend.
- H&M’s labor day sale is up to 60% off everything!
- One Kings Lane has a 20% off site wide sale through Labor Day! So exciting. There is also free shipping offered on labor day using the code: (OKLSHIPSEPT)
- Joss & Main has their “early-access labor day sale” with up to 75% off. Click here to shop.
- Wayfair is offering up to 70% off with their “Labor Day Clearance” sale. Click here to shop.
- West Elm has their Labor Day event offering up to 30% off. Shop with the code “MEGASALE”
- Pottery Barn has their “Buy More, Save More” event that is also offering up to 30% off total purchase. Use the code “SAVEMORE” while shopping.
- AllModern has a labor day sale offering up to 65% off.. woohoo! Click here to shop.
- Lamps Plus is up to 50% off in stores & online!
- Horchow is offering up to 20% off for their Labor Day Sale Event. Click here to shop.
Favorite: Entertaining Appetizer
Whenever I’m entertaining or having friends over, I love to make something that looks complicated, yet isn’t. Cooking isn’t exactly my fortei, that’s more of Jeff’s scene (click here to read his latest recipe).. but making quick and easy appetizers? I’m all over it! That’s why I love everything about these Mini Grilled Cheese Sandwiches posted by The Girl on Bloor blog. All that’s needed is aged cheddar cheese, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, arugula and a baguette! It only takes 30 minutes including prep and cook time. Just my thing… Enjoy!
Photo via The Girl on Bloor
Favorite: Quick Styling Hairdos
Amber Fillerup Clark, aka the creator of the Barefoot Blonde blog, has some of the best hair on Instagram. She has so many amazing tutorials with braids, easy hairstyles, up-dos and more. She’s gorgeous, and her family is adorable. The post I’m highlighting today is her three easy hairstyles that can be done in 3 minutes each! The first is a fun is a low ponytail braid, the second style is a fun half up-half down braided style, and the third is an easy bun with a piece of hair wrapped around the hair tie. All 3 are perfect for that “lazy hair day”. Enjoy!
Photo via Barefoot Blonde.
*Affiliate links are used for your convenience