Happy birthday to my amazing husband! To someone who is so caring, kind, and incredible.. I hope you have the most amazing day ever!!
You mean so much to our family, Jeff that I wanted to share 20 things that I love about you on your special day.
1.I love how smart you are. You know SO much about everything.. from building computers to preventing people from hacking computers.. adding sprinklers to the backyard and building walls. You know how to add electrical outlets and move thermostats out of the way. You love the challenge of accounting to the point of helping others with their taxes. There isn’t much you don’t know how to do and if you are unsure.. you tackle the project and master it!
2. I love that you are so caring you think to bring me coffee every morning.. even when you’re running late! You go the extra mile and include my added shot of espresso and cream too… So sweet!
3. I love how supportive you are in every circumstance – especially when we went through IVF. Flying all the way to Miami with me to give me shots was a highlight. ;) We would never have experienced the love we have for Emma if it weren’t for all of your love and support.
4. I love that you fold my clothes perfectly after doing the laundry.. then put them away. What man does that?! Sometimes it’s just the little things..
5. I love how much your mom and your family means to you. When you speak to your mom, you are so gentle and loving.. it makes me emotional just thinking about it.
6. I love how you were my dad’s best friend. You were another son to him and after losing your own father at a young age, it meant the world to me that you bonded so closely with mine. He admired you and loved you more than life. He called you “Jeff the Perfect” for a reason. ;)
7. I love that you stop and always turn the car around to help me pick up a stray animal. This has happened more times than I can count and it shows how big your heart is.
8. I love that you are left handed! I know that secretly means that you are smarter than me and that’s okay. ;)
9. I love how thoughtful and generous you are with your time. Helping all of my friends with their computer problems, hanging drapery rods or giving advice.. Lending a hand to any neighbor who needs help lifting a heavy piece of furniture, etc. Even confronting a neighbor who was neglecting their dog and not being kind to it – you are always down to do all that you can.
10. I love your love for cooking! It makes you so happy!! The challenges and creativity involved keep you smiling.. for that I am grateful. I could watch you all day long because I know how much fun you’re having behind the range. Plus, I love to taste-test anything you cook up. ;)
11. I love your interest and curiosity about wine. You love researching and it shows.. You put up with me & my wine coolers back in the day (yuck!!) and gradually helped nudge me all the way to the the Chardonnay level, Lol. Thank goodness! It took a miracle and your helpful tips have cultivated the appreciation I have for good wines.
12. I love how great of a father you are. You are the epitome of a dream dad – you are loving, supportive and always willing to listen. Emma loves you so much.. even though she doesn’t say it everyday. :) I’m so happy that we were finally able to have a sweet baby together so that I could see this side of you.
13. I love that you’re still a kid at heart. Your jokes.. ;) Your love for Madden football, video games, eating ice cream straight out of the carton and squirting whipped cream from the can into your mouth while standing at the fridge.. I love it all.
14. I love your philanthropic heart! You love volunteering for Habitat for Humanity among many other organizations. Your love for helping others shines through everything you do and you inspire us daily. You are also the most generous person when it comes to donations – you would rather give than receive any day.
15. I love how supportive you were when I started my business. You were my first investor and you believed in me more than I did. Your enthusiasm in my Instagram stories is so evident and I love that people are getting to know the real you through our shares. :) THANK YOU!
16. I love how gentle and loving you are toward Maggie. We had already said that we would never get another animal after having 2 special dogs for the first 25 years of our marriage. WE were ready to travel without guilt.. but when Maggie found us you gave in and now you’re her favorite. When you greet her after work every day she is SO happy! I also have to add.. the minute you pick her up and sit down to love on her.. it’s a big de-stresser for you too.
17. I love how hard of a worker you are. You have inspired me throughout my life by how positive you are about work! I have never met anyone who has such an amazing work ethic. So much drive. You always say “you gotta be somewhere and you gotta be doing something in life”. I love that you are constantly challenging yourself by accepting new roles and being a great leader. You never take the easy way out. You don’t know what being lazy is.
18. I love how conservative you are with money and yet once you decide to spend it on something that you really love, (a new Tesla or a nice vacation) you enjoy every minute of it and never look back. You’re like a kid on Christmas morning and your happiness is contagious.
19. I love how lucky you are! Whenever you go to Vegas – you win big! Whenever you play scratchers or play the lottery – you win! And you don’t spend much either on tickets! It’s truly amazing.. especially that time several years ago when we were just 1 digit away from winning the Powerball.. (had we won we would have been 1 of 3 winners sharing 265 million dollars!) I swear it’s all due to the fact that you are always so positive.
20. I love that you are my best friend and soulmate. You always encourage me, love me, never judge me and you have never put me down once. You still hold my hand and romance me after all these years, you wait patiently for me while I put my makeup on before heading out.. you somehow make doing chores together feel like a romantic date. How, I’ll never know! :) I’m so thankful for you.
Happy birthday beautiful Jeff! I love you more every day.
Click here to see Jeff’s recipes!