Do you love chili as much as we do? It’s one of our absolute favorite meals! My husband, Jeff made the best 3-bean chicken chili recently and I knew I had to share it. So many asked for the recipe after you saw Jeff cooking it on Instagram stories.
It’s definitely a delicious fall/winter staple in our home.. and something quick and easy for you to make at home for those last-minute dinners.
The best part about this chili? It’s thick, chunky, filling and full of flavor! His 3-bean chicken chili is a dish that everyone can enjoy.. even those who may think they don’t like traditional chilis. ;) It’s also great for leftovers.
Hope you enjoy! xo, Kristy & family
- 2 Cups Roasted Shredded Chicken Breast (about 8 oz)
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Carrot – Chopped (1 large carrot)
- 1 Cup Onion – Chopped (1 medium onion)
- 1 Whole Red Bell Pepper – Chopped (1 medium pepper)
- 1 Clove Garlic – Chopped or Minced
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 28 oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tbs Flour
- 2 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1 Tbs Ground Cumin
- 2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 16 oz Can Pinto Beans – Drained
- 1 16 oz Can Black Beans – Drained
- 1 16 oz Can White Beans – Drained
- 1 4 oz Can Diced Green Chilies
- 1 oz Diced Jalapeños (1/4 of a 4 oz can)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Shred previously roasted chicken breast and set aside.
In a large dutch oven heat oil on medium heat then add carrots, onion, red pepper and garlic. Cook for 5 – 8 minutes to soften.
Add chicken broth, tomatoes, flour, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Bring to a low boil for 10 minutes stirring often. Reduce heat to simmer.
Add chicken, beans, green chilies, jalapeños then salt and pepper to taste.
Simmer for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally, then serve with your favorite garnishes!
Click here for more recipes from us!