It’s a new year and time to get back to the blog and personal content! In the last year I was really focused on getting the backyard as beautiful as possible and didn’t make enough time to attend to the personalized blog content. I missed connecting with everyone. :)
Hopefully this 2023 Goals & 2022 Recap blog will be a good start!
2022 was a crazy year of change and hopefully 2023 will be just as jam-packed! We already have a lot of exciting changes and ideas for the new year that we can’t wait to share with you. Hang in there with us because we think it is going to be a fun ride! Today I wanted to recap this past year and go over the goals that Jeff and I have for 2023. Can losing covid weight really happen this year?…lol!
What a year, Jeff and I accomplished a lot at the new house and we had a blast! So much to recap about our first year living in Santa Barbara.
Some of the highlights include:
- Renovating the kitchen by adding a new island with porcelain counter, new paint and cabinet pulls. We also painted the backsplash rather than pull it out to save money. Click here for that post
- Restaining the deck and painting the railing. Click here for more.
- Clearing out all the old overgrown landscaping (which was a HUGE job!) and adding new garden spaces with privacy trees, bushes and flowering plants
- Hardscape – Designed new walkways using 3/8″ California Gold gravel along with stone steps and courtyards
- Added new fireplace insert and logs
- Renovated the shed so it can be used as a workout room/creative space.
Excited for new adventures and possibilities!
- Travel to new places – Emma and Zach are jetting off on their around the world trip, we are really excited to join them in a few new places. Visiting new countries and cultures is something that Jeff and I are really excited about in the new year.
- Meditate – Learn how to reduce stress through 5-10 minutes of meditation each day. My doctor is a big believer in this and she does it daily!
- Move – Move/exercise at least 30-45 minutes a day. This includes leisurely walks.
- Love – Remind my family and friends how much they mean to me by calling and sending messages more often.
- Reach Out – Make new friends by putting myself out there more.
- Be More Creative – Cook more with Jeff rather than just keeping him company.
- Limit Junk Foods – Lower sugar from my diet to help lose that extra 10-12 pounds brought about from sugar/junk food.
- Wine Nights – Drink wine on special occasions or weekends only.
- Organize Daily – Make simple cleaning lists for each day to help stay on top of the house.
- Be Kinder to Myself – Love myself more by giving myself grace if I fail at something I wanted to achieve.
I love January because it’s a time to start with a clean slate, let the past go and embrace the new year with excitement and new possibilities! I don’t want to pressure myself to be unrealistic but I always want to strive to do better each year. I want us to look at the bigger picture but break it down into achievable goals. The quote “the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step”, resonates with me. That is how I want to approach the new year, taking each day one step at a time and enjoying the process. I believe if we make our goals fun and something we look forward to doing we are more likely to make it happen! We are looking forward to the new year and accomplishing the goals we set for ourselves.What goals do you have for next year? Please let us know in the comments.
Cheers to 2023!
Click here to see more content from me!